Privacy Statement – LESN
As updated on 28th June 2018
We are committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988, 2003 and 2018 and all other applicable legislation. We do not collect your personal information if you only browse our website.
Your personal information is collected when:
- a) You register as a user of our service.
- b) You are registered as a user of our service via our Funder (Dept of Employment Affairs & Social Protection).
- c) You book a place on a course/ workshop via our service.
- d) When you seek our help in preparing or amending your CV.
The information collected by us will include your name and address, telephone number, email address and registration details. We collect this information so that we may fulfil our obligations to our Funder, The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection. You may update this data at any time when you access our service and for 1 year after leaving our service.
Your personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
- a) To meet our obligations with our Funder, The Dept of Employment Affairs & Social Protection.
- b) To respond to any queries or requests that you may have regarding your job-search, or training/education progression.
- c) To correspond with you if there are any queries relating to your training/guidance or cv service.
- d) If you consent to receiving marketing information re Jobs/Training that may be of interest.
We do not collect your credit card or banking details.
To protect your personal information we have implemented physical, electronic and managerial procedures so that access to your personal information is limited to those personnel who specifically require it to work with you. Where possible our website is served using SSL data encryption technology.
You may at any time have a copy of the information that we hold about you, but we only hold that information for 12 months after you have left our service.
If you consent, we may from time to time contact you with details of jobs/training which may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from this correspondence list at any time by emailing the relevant contact person listed on our Contact Us page.
We will only request the following Company details:
- your Company Name,
- Company address,
- Contact person’s name,
- Contact person’s email and phone number,
- General contact details for the Business. (e.g. Website; for clients’ research purposes).
We will seek the following documents/details from you for a Job Posting:
- a) Job Title,
- b) Job Description & applicable rate of pay.
- c) Job Specification (as necessary).
- d) Closing Date of job,
- e) Contact Person for details relating to Job posted.
- f) If the posting can feature your Website (all details listed above, as required).
Your Job Posting will feature on:
- Relevant LESN Facebook Page:
- Localised LESN Website:
- and/or the National Local Employment Service Website (if Employer agrees/specifies): LocalEmploymentServices.ie
- and on Applicable LESN Office Notice Board for client visibility.
We do not collect Employer’s credit card or banking details.