Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) is a progressive independent person centred organisation providing services for people with limited mobility nationally. Our mission is to provide exceptional services and other supports that change lives and ensure that people with disabilities are in a position to participate fully and equally in their communities. The Association employs 2,500 staff in every county in Ireland to provide those services.
Now seeking applications for the following positions in Co. Kerry:
(Cloghane, Brandon & Killorglin)
Part Time – Fixed term contract
The overall purpose of this role is to provide nursing support to two children with significant disabilities in their homes in two separate services. You will be required to attend to the physical and clinical needs of these children, maintaining their comfort and dignity and communicating with them in an effective and stimulating manner. There are two specific nursing requirements for this role; one service requires overnight nursing cover and the other service requires the administration of medications via a PEG tube a number of times a day.
A Nursing qualification and registered with a division of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland are essential. A minimum of 5 years nursing experience is essential including experience in high dependency care. The successful candidate must be able to work on their own initiative and have problem solving skills. A full driving licence is essential as travel is required.
*A full copy of the Job descriptions is available on www.iwa.ie
To apply, please submit a current CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Further information is available on www.iwa.ie.
Closing date for applications: two weeks from the date of publication
IWA is an equal opportunity employer
Part Time – Multiple Shifts available
This position will involve providing assistance to two children with significant disabilities in two separate services in all aspects of daily living. These services are located in Killorglin and Cloghane, Brandon
A FETAC Level 5 Major Award in childcare or other relevant qualification is essential. Previous experience working with people with disabilities is desirable. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential as this role involves close liaison with the children’s family members and IWA other IWA staff members. A full driver’s license is essential as travel is required for this role.
Personal Assistant Requirements:
- A real desire to work with people with a disability
- FETAC Major Award in Healthcare or Childcare (all 8 modules) or equivalent
- FETAC certification list of modules completed
- Patient and Moving Handling Cert preferable but not essential
- 2 contactable written references
- Driver’s License and own transport
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- Experience in working with people with a disability preferable but not essential
IWA Terms and Conditions:
- €12.16 starting rate of pay (increases yearly)
- Saturday Premium, 1 ½ on a Sunday , 2 x on Public Holidays
- After 20.00hrs premium
- Flexible work
- Additional training and development opportunities
- VHI and Pension schemes
- Employee Assistant Program
- Holiday pay and flexible holiday/ leave of absence arrangements
- Full support from team and line manager
- Personal Assistant hours are based around the service users’ needs and are generally part time. ALS services are required 365 days a year, 7 days week, 24 hours a day. PAs are matched with SU in their areas to reduce any travel time.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or post with a covering letter to:
Cathy Corps, Irish Wheelchair Association, Lime Tree House, Killeen Tralee, Co. Kerry
IWA is an equal opportunity employer