This role will provide a quality reception, information and referral service to unemployed people who are seeking information on the Service or who are clients of the Local Employment Service Network (LESN) working under contract to the Department of Social Protection. The person will be responsible on a day-to-day basis to the Local Employment Service Network (LESN) Co-ordinator and will carry out such tasks and duties as may be assigned by the Co-ordinator within the development of the overall LES Programme of activities.
- To provide a friendly welcome for clients and ensure confidentiality at all times while providing an empathetic and accurate information and advice service to job-seeking clients.
- To register clients who conform to the target groups and to provide them with appropriate initial advice.
- To publicise and be familiar with the workings of the LESN and to represent LESN at appropriate meetings/events as appropriate (e.g. Employment Fairs etc.) focusing on all target groups, employers, training companies and key stakeholders.
- To provide cover for Reception as required.Support to Guidance Officers/Clients:
- • Maintain & produce statistics/reports/CV’s as appropriate.
- Deal effectively and efficiently with queries from clients / employers / other agencies or refer to Mediator / other agencies if appropriate.
- To work as an integrated member of the LES Team, assisting the development of links with local agencies, keeping in contact as required.• To update website and other internet systems as directed..
- Have a good working knowledge of labour market interventions, welfare entitlements etc. supporting the mediation service as required.
- Compile and provide information locally on education, training and employment options (e.g. info displayed on Notice Board/keeping abreast of newly advertised jobs locally etc.)
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time per contract requirement.
- Update Quality Assurance systems.
- Health & Safety:
- To co-operate with the company in the application of the Safety in Industry Act (1955) (1980) and the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act (1989) (2005), and will follow and agree to Staff Handbook as devised and agreed by Board, Management, Staff and applicable unions.
- Employees will report to the Co-Ordinator any defects they notice in the place of work, or systems of work, which may prove dangerous to safety and/or health.
- Previous experience in this sector, dealing with disadvantaged/unemployed clients, and being aware of the options available to them, as well as good Microsoft Office / Excel / Word / Access / Facebook / LinkedIn experience, would be preferential.
- This role will involve preparation of CV’s and meeting Clients to prepare them for Interviews with local companies, you will also have some involvement in speaking to local companies in respect of available roles for our Clients. Attendance at various Employment Fairs and being responsible for monthly reports and office cover, where required, will be expected Minimum one year’s experience of networking with community and voluntary groups/facilitating group sessions; ability to engage on a 1-to-1 basis with those who may be socially marginalized, a full clean driving licence. Strong Administrative experience. Strong communication skills (written/verbal) and a good knowledge of IT; (including Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, Powerpoint & Access
Please complete and return the Application Form to be found on Louth Leader Partnership website:
Recruitment is by application form only. Please complete the form and return either by email to the Co-Ordinator’s email address: email@example.com
If you wish to post the completed form the address is:
Local Employment Service
Please note: It is the responsibility of applicant to see that their application has being received. Louth Leader Partnership Company will communicate by email only.
CLOSING DATE: All application forms to arrive no later than 5 pm (1700 hours), Thursday, 19th January 2017.
Fixed term contract, subject to funding.
Salary in accordance with Company guidelines.
Annual leave – 25 days pro rata
Working hours – 35 hours per week.
Canvassing will disqualify